Monday, August 2, 2010

Bathroom Cabinets Before and After

I have been wanting to finish my cabinets downstairs to match what I have in the kitchen.  So I woke up this morning with a fire under my rear to finish!   Here is the before...Photo 5
 I removed the doors and with a hand sander did a light sand over the surface, then painted my base coat of whitish cream...  (yep you dont see any tape, I know Im crazy but I hate taping, so i don't and i just spend the time painting carefully, much more fun than taping)


Photo 4

I gave a nice coat to the doors, remember it doesn't have to be nearly perfect because you are putting a brown glaze on the top to antique it, antiquing is fabulous because it doesn't have to be perfect!
 
Photo

here they are all drying.. the other two are for the laundry room

Photo 2

Never a good idea to paint drawers on a toilet seat, the fall off   ...:)

Photo 3

Then I glazed using a damp lint free tea towel and just dipped it in the glazed and brushed the rag across the surface trying to put more in the corners and then I would take the clean side of the same towels and wipe off the excess... quickly! To make my glaze I just bought a quart of really nice satin paint in the brown that I wanted.  I put about a cup of water or so in a bucket and then drizzled a bit of paint in and then stirred, so easy so cheap.  It dries REALLY fast so you have to be ready to wipe up any mistakes pronto!
    

KPhoto 4
 
Photo 3

Lots in the corners then wipe it off...

Photo 2
Replace the doors after a few plus hours of drying and then you have your after.....!!

Photo


 



and I'm done-phew!

Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment