Friday, May 20, 2011

Back Splash Instillation

Back Splash Instillation

Here is the Before....








So we have been planning on doing therese's backaplash for a year!! Yes! A whole dang 11 months. And why, do you ask, we now take the time to actually do it? Because Therese is putting her home on the market and her agent said a backaplash is needed.

Therese here is your formal apology- I am sorry we didn't do this last year for your birthday. I hope you know I love ya :)

So we used his very cool sticky stuff that makes tiling VERY easy. It only took us 1 1/2 hours!!! I tiled a bathroom once and had a TERRIBLE time with the grout, which is why I hadn't been to excited about this project.







You just lay the sticky stuff of the wall (of course we did some measuring) and then lay the tile on top! We even did the sticky stuff on backward. Wrong sticky side to the wall- but it didn't seem to matter!! BONUS!

We cut the glass tile pattern to the height Therese wanted and then carefully laid it in the sticky stuff...






Then we used pre-made grout (heaven sent!) but getting thoroughly behind the faucet was tricky but we have little hands :)








So, We did use the scrapper thing with most of it..,







I thought i'd ease your mind a bit!

And then washed stuff up...








Then we let it sit for a few hours

(Insert whistle tune here)

Then a bit more cleaning up and

DONE!!








Good luck with your house Therese!

And what am I doing here??






Find out soon!

Brit



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment