Monday, May 23, 2011

Sew a straigt line Make it work Competition

I came across this challenge a few weeks ago and thought "What a fun thing to do!!!" I started poring through my patterns and my old clothes trying to find something that I would want to make over. It also helped that my daughter was turning 6 near the end of the challenge. Something new that is free is what I am all about.
So I found this skirt that has been mocking me in my closet (I purchased it just after #1 but now that #4 is two it still doesn't fit). A refashion is definitely in order



Isn't that an adorable skirt. I was and is in love with it. I was so sad that I couldn't fit in to it. I was ogling the costumes in Wicked(amazing) and had a brilliant idea for a dress out of my adorable yet small skirt. It would also make the perfect gift for AR.



So I cut the tie ribbons off and used those as the center of the shoulder straps.



I made a casing and put 1/8" elastic through it.


I then did three rows of shirring to create an empire waist



My lovely model AR wouldn't put her dress back on after church hence the modelless pics in the end.

I love making something new out of something old. I feel so thrifty

--Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment