Sunday, July 25, 2010

Jocelyn's Sewing Room Makeover

Before...


Fair warning this pictures may not be suitable for all eyes.  They are quite scary and may cause lasting damage....I even want to cry when I see them.


 


My sewing room has a lurking sewing room monster that likes to rear its ugly head as I get super busy.  I end up losing control of it and then it looks like this.......(cue scary music and loud sreaming:))


First day of school 2010...tutorials 036


Can you see all the projects piling up in this crazy "waiting" room...When it looks like this very little sewing actually happens


 
First day of school 2010...tutorials 033
First day of school 2010...tutorials 037


Knowing that Sisters Friday was at my house this week I spent ALL week cleaning and reorganizing and resisting the urge to complete or start new projects.  I even threw some stuff away....when all was said and done  the Sisters came over and helped me do the finishing touches and rearrange some.


 


After.... (I love love love the color)


Photo 2


Photo


These fun red cabinets were beige filing cabinets that were on the side of the street in Brit's neighborhood, somehow we convinced her hubby to load the one million pound metal hunks into his truck and deliver them to my house where we spray painted them, I then painted some swirlies and loaded them with all of my fabrics...they work great!  I love them so much....


Photo 3
  Photo 4
 
 
  Photo 5
 The plan is always to keep my sewing room looking like this but who am I kidding...I just hope and pray that the sewing room monster doesn't rear its ugly head again...let's hope I vanquished that foe


~Jo



No comments:

Post a Comment