Friday, July 9, 2010

Our First Before and After!! A dresser



So my friend was giving away a dresser, when I went over to check it out my friend was saying, "Its a hand me down of a hand me down, are you sure you want it?" And my hubby was saying, "Really Babe?" and I was saying, "Oh Sweet!! Fun times ahead of me!!"


So here is the before




  Photo 4


(The paint slpatter on the side there was not present when my friend gave it to me, I tripped and sent paint flying everywhere, uh woops)  Photo 5 
 
 
 I painted and added some fabric and after a very windy afternoon of fun work I came out with this...


Photo

 
A little detail for you...


Photo 3 
 


I love the bit of vintage oldness it gave to my daughters room.   Her previous dresser was white and newer, with drawers that slid so nicely, but this just looks....... um..............better, design and function is optmial in my book but if I have to choose looks over function, looks win out every time. you?



1 comment:

  1. Brittany, I love this dresser, I have one at home that is good shape but not the right color, you have inspired me, I might try to do something with it, I love the fabric, how did you get it to stick, what did you use? I love this blog we would love to see more, we would love to see picts of the kids and your families.

    ReplyDelete