Sunday, July 25, 2010

Therese's Living Room Tour!!

Here is our first home tour...Therese's living room.  I just love how open and airy her Front living room is.  The story of this house is cool.  It was built sometime in the 1960's and when they bought their home, it looked pretty badly run down :( So they completely gutted and rebuilt a ton.  The ceiling of this room was low and cave like, they tore up into the attic and raised the roof -well no not the roof, just the ceiling -  Sadly during the renovation the window was badly cracked, so when they redo all the drafty original windows this living room window is the first on the list. Also above their fireplace they just took their family photos so they are framing a large picture of their large family to place there-therese is way excited about that :) Oaky enough chat... So here is the view from the front door... You can see the hallway up to their sons room...Photo 5

Their piano (which was Jeremy's family forever and that heavy too!) with a peek into the dining room...

Photo

Their ficus tree that the green thumbed Therese saved from our black thumbed mother...


Photo 4

The beautiful couches that we have had in our family since I can remember.  (Awful note...when they were in the process of gutting the house an army of mice infested their garage and made a home in the couches...don't worry the mice are gone ...thanks to Natalie's cat and lots of poison... and the couches saved, sanitized and repaired from grossness from a professional furniture guy)

And therese always has the funnest  selection of coffee table books out too browse through.

Notes on the last sentence-  the word "funnest"-(that is considered a word in our family)

and coffee table- (is it still considered a coffee table if no coffee is served in the house???)


Photo 3

That beautiful mosaic was made by my grandmother, i think it's inspiring and amazing to look at, but don't touch- you will bleed...or wait this is a blog, no touching possible :)

Photo 2
     

I hope you enjoyed the tour despite all my camera phone pictures!!!



2 comments:

  1. Can i put in a request?... could who ever is writing the blog sign there name at the bottom of it. please?!?
    I don't know who's voice i should be uhearing when I'm reading it.. lol
    love the blog by the way guys
    nem

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO Sorry, I did at first, I think, But I have stopped! So far, Therese and Jocelyn have been sending me the pictures and then I do the post. So it's my voice as of yet, But I will make sure we do that, Thank you! Brit

    ReplyDelete